As entrepreneurs, we wear all the hats, right? So why on earth would you want to add another to-do to the list?! When it comes to workflow and systems audits, these are IMPORTANT y’all! Think of them as working out, but for your business.
I know it can seem like just another thing to add to your ever growing list, but audits truly help you make the most of your time and run a more efficient business. No one has extra time or money to waste – if you do, let me know your secrets! So to avoid that, regular workflow and system audits are key.
Doing an audit on a quarterly basis (every 6 months at a minimum) will save you time and money in the long run. And guess what? The more you do them and the more frequently, the less time they will take. It’s like compounding interest, but on your own time! Who wants to miss out on that?!?
Ok, so now you’re understanding the importance of audits, but not quite sure if it’s truly the right time for you to delve into this. Right? You’re in luck! You didn’t think I’d leave you hangin’, did you?
Here are some high level questions to ask yourself:
- Have you recently (in the last 3 months) evaluated your workflows & processes? If not, then it’s definitely time to do an audit!
- I recommend doing an audit quarterly so that you can incrementally make changes and not have to do a huge overhaul. This also allows you to try new things and see if they are working the way you need them to on a short term basis. It helps keep your business agile and efficient!
- Do you know every tool that you are using in your business, the cost and how you use it?
- If you don’t have an inventory of the tools and resources you regularly use to run your business, you could be wasting money and time! No one wants either of those to be misused. By taking stock of what you use, how and why you use them and the cost, you can make sure you don’t have any overlapping functionality or cost. Not only is this the opportunity to assess what may be overlapping, but also identify gaps you may need to fill.
- Do you find yourself making “on the fly” updates to templates and collateral often?
- If you are constantly updating an email template, questionnaire, contract verbiage, etc, then you definitely need to get those updated ASAP. Don’t let those minutes add up to hours when you can address it now and use that valuable time on other things!
- Are you looking to diversify, pivot or bring on team members and need to get organized first?
- If you answered yes, congrats! That’s so awesome! If you don’t have your current business operations and services running at optimal efficiency and as much automated or delegated as possible, growing in any capacity is going to be more stressful than it needs to be. Take the opportunity to get things in top working order so that you can grow with confidence!
If you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that now is the time – check out this post and get your freebie to do your own audit.
If you’re still on the fence and not sure if you need to prioritize an audit now or maybe next month, make sure you grab your FREEBIE below to make that decision.
Of course, I always love to help you as well, so feel free to get in touch! I’m a real person over here and always open to having an honest conversation about what is the right fit for you and when the best time is. Don’t be shy!
Happy auditing! (truly, I love it!)